About the role
We are looking for an outstanding customer-focussed service host. The core responsibilities of the role include welcoming programme participants, catering and room management for all ILA delivery, including breakfast, breaks and lunches as well as room turnover, clearing and replenishment throughout day. The service host is also responsible for stocktaking, budgeting and ordering for all ILA and central services catering supplies and answering client face to face enquiries. Alongside servicing clients in our centre, this role will also support our internal central services including include organising and distributing the internal mail, processing attendance registers and providing general administrative support to the team. This role is managed by the ILA Professional Development Coordinator.
Our usual hours of delivery are between 8am-8pm. This role will include a 35-hour week during school opening times (39 weeks per year inclusive of holiday pay). There will be some evening and weekend working and your shifts will be agreed in advance with your line manager, the Professional Development Coordinator.
You are an exceptional client-focussed host with a proven track record in working in a range of settings with an international clientele. You will have undertaken food preparation and hygiene training and are comfortable working independently to deliver outstanding client experiences.
The following skills and/or experience are required for this role:
- Good command of the English language with a passion for customer service
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards and previous catering experience
- Operate safely within the workplace and maintain a high standard of housekeeping
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, client-focussed setting
- Able to effectively and efficiently manage a budget; plan inventory including stocktaking and ordering of catering supplies
How to Apply
If you are motivated by what you have ready so far, please submit your application; you will be asked to upload your CV and a covering letter outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications must reach us by 20 August 2018
First interviews will take place on 24 August 2018