The Director of the International Award will be responsible for strategic leadership and operational elements of the Award and will be the overall leader for one of the three tiers of award.
This will involve:
- recruitment of students and staff to the Award
- coordination of expeditions
- planning for skills development
- monitoring of progress and support of students through the Award
- organisation of resources
- celebration of achievement and completion
- Liaison with the regional hub
- Line management of Award Leaders
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is a rite of passage for many of our students, with a majority starting the Bronze Level in Year 10 and completing the Gold by the end of Year 13. Globally, our school has one of the highest rates of completion of the Award, which attests to the strength of character that our students develop through participation in the Award and their time at the BSN.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a letter of application addressed to Paul Topping, Headteacher.