Why this role?
The Admissions function is part of the larger Communications department, so you will be part of a team of 11; working closely with our Admissions Manager and independently, with activities related to admissions across all BSN campuses. Key tasks include:
- Coordination of admissions tours with school staff - and support on parental school tours as required.
- Direct phone and email liaison with applying families.
- Use of the school database system (SIMS), including both input and data reporting.
- Coordination of all administrative tasks relating to the admissions process, including managing the Admissions inbox.
- Planning, promoting and organising BSN information events, for example the annual Welcome Day, which attracts more than 600 new parents from around the world, and the Open Day (approx. 100 attendees).
- Liaising with Communications to look at the admissions process and ways to promote the school via social media, website and advertising.
- Creation of reports from database, involving the use of Excel to manipulate/analyse data.
In addition to strong communication and interpersonal skills and a service-orientated approach, you'll demonstrate an an understanding of the challenges faced by international families moving to a new country. You'll have:
- Excellent IT skills – high-level Microsoft Office skills are essential; experience with and affinity for the use of database systems
- Excellent command of the English language – to native speaker level. An understanding of the Dutch language would be an advantage
- Ability to cope well under pressure (including dealing with a high volume of calls at busy times)
- Teamwork and teambuilding qualities
- Experience in working within a busy office environment with the responsibility of managing a project from start to finish
- Experience in planning and coordinating projects events or networks would be an advantage